Saturday, December 27, 2014

Book-a-holic (BOOK HAUL!)

I have a confession to make.
I am a book-a-holic.
I buy any book that I see even though I know I no longer have room on my bookshelf and also have a endless TBR pile that is calling my name.
It's a problem.
 photo tumblr_m4ccrcSMLQ1rt27hoo1_500.gif

Regardless of my obsession, here is the giant list of books I have accumulated within the past couple of months.

(Also, I am home with the worst cold ever and a pounding headache, so excuse the poorly taken photos)

My local library was having a book sale and my mother and I decided to drop by one afternoon. I was allowing myself to leave with one, maybe two books. Well, I got carried away.

 photo DSC08812.jpg
This is the first book I saw when I walked into the book sale. I have seen this on bookstore shelves as well as on Booktube and I knew that I needed to have it. The cover is beautiful and, for that price, I knew that it had to be mine.

 photo DSC08810.jpg
I saw these books at the book sale and wondered what they were about. Although I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, these ones were simply too cute! Since they are so short I knew that they would be the perfect thing to pick up if I ever found myself in a reading slump.

 photo DSC08823.jpg
Ah, the famous World War Z. A cousin of mine read this a while back and told me it would be right up my alley. Knowing my obsession with zombie related things, I would agree with her. I can't wait to dive right into this read! 

 photo DSC08820.jpg
I have heard about this book through the grapevine but haven't had the chance to read it yet. When I saw it at the book sale I knew that it was the perfect time to buy it. This type of book is the type that will grab me from page one!

 photo DSC08808.jpg
The other interesting thing about this library sale was that people donated their old libraries to the sale. One table had a TON of antique books. This one caught my eye because A. it is beautiful and B. it looked so run down an vintage that I wanted it for my collection. 

 photo DSC08816.jpg
I saw this graphic novel at the book sale and was instantly intrigued. I have never heard of this particular graphic novel before and am super ecstatic to be reading it soon!

 photo DSC08822.jpg
I am a huge Batman fan and I have heard wonderful things about this particular graphic novel. The art in this book is simply spine chilling and I can not wait to start waiting! 

 photo DSC08813.jpg
I have distinct memories of seeing these Awkward Family Photos online but I never knew they made a book! When I saw this for under a dollar at the book sale I knew I needed to have it.

 photo DSC08805.jpg
I read Light on Snow by Anita Shreve a couple years back and I remember enjoying it. I recognized the name on a table during the sale and instantly scooped this book up. 

 photo DSC08817.jpg
I have heard of this book before and many people have told me that I would enjoy this book. This book was sold for super cheap because it was sold without a dust jacket, but that doesn't bother me! I like how it looks without one.

 photo DSC08819.jpg
I heard about The Nine Lives of Chloe King television show a while back and, to be completely honest, I never knew that this television show was based off a book. This book is quite the fattie, but I hope I like it enough to power through it.

 photo DSC08815.jpg
I saw this at the book sale and completely flipped! I was planning on ordering this book once I got home, and there it was for super cheap! When trying to get the sticker off later, I ripped the cover. I'm so excited to read this lovely book!

 photo DSC08798.jpg
I saw this book at my local Goodwill and wanted it. The synopsis had me hooked and I wanted to know more! I have read one Jodi Picoult book before and enjoyed her writing style. Can't wait to read this one! (Looks like a tear jerker!)

 photo DSC08794.jpg
I have never read this book. I know, I know, I am missing out. I have always wanted to pick it up but other books would always prioritize themselves over this one. When the movie came out I refused to watch it until I read the book. Now that I own this classic, I'm hoping I will finally settle down and read it! 

 photo DSC08800.jpg
A friend of mine was getting rid of books of hers before she went off to college and this was one of the ones on her stack that I snatched up. I know this book is basically a chick-flick on paper, but I can't wait to read it. :)

 photo DSC08804.jpg
My brother bought this book for me. God bless that boy's heart, he knows me so well. He saw it at Barnes & Noble one day and decided to pick it up for me. Got to love amazing siblings!

 photo DSC08791.jpg
My high school put on the production of Look Homeward, Angel last year and when I saw the book the play was based off of at Half-Price Books I knew that it must be mine! 

 photo DSC08796.jpg
I have heard people raving about this series for quite some time. I wanted to pick it up from the book stores but never got around to purchasing it. While at Half-Price Books recently, I saw a brand new copy of it on the shelves. Little to say I snatched it up right away! 

 photo DSC08801.jpg
I bought myself this book when I saw it on Barnes & Noble shelves recently because I had seen some people review it and say it was amazing. After reading the blurb, I knew that this was my type of book. Plus, look how beautiful the cover is! :)

 photo DSC08803.jpg
I read the first two books in The Selection series and absolutely fell in love. Gorgeous dresses, hot men, a red-headed main character(who sometimes gets on my nerves), and a castle. A perfect fluffy read for me! I can't wait to read this book. But, if she picks the wrong guy in the love triangle I might cry! 

 photo DSC08806.jpg
There is a coffee store where I live that sells used books. I was there studying one day and saw this on the shelf next to me. The description was enough to get me hooked!

 photo DSC08797.jpg
I saw this at my local Goodwill and loved the cover. I decided to read the back and instantly fell in love with the story line. I read something similar to this a long time ago and can't wait to read this book.

And that is everything! Looking at all of these beautiful covers makes me want to read them all right now...and go buy more books. Yikes, I have a problem.

Happy reading everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment